Sunday, January 24, 2010

What i See...Only God knows

I noticed that you have changed
We don't talk the way we used to
The connection is fading
Ever since that day

I saw the look in your eyes
The shadow lurking
I know deep down within
But i refuse to believe it

The way you touch me
Its not the same
The way you kiss me
Its not the same

Its a game
But i don't want to play
Its all so wrong
But i just don't care

Its only so much i can bear
I am surprised i don't have any fear
Maybe its because the truth is near
I wont ever ask
That my love isn't my task

My love will forever last
But its up to you
To say the thing i want to hear
To defy you, oh my love i would never dear

It is true my love i really do care
And i know that you know
That this may go against me
But my love i am still here

I have faith in you
I trust that you have faith in yourself
I trust that you may do whats right
God knows why

He knows why he gives me strength
God knows why i have faith
God knows why i try
And god knows why i cry

God knows why we met
God knows which path is set
God knows why i don't fret
God knows why i would give you my last breath

He knows why i love you
He knows why i am here
He knows why i care
He knows that what i say is true

God knows why i am in your life
He knows why he let me loose my beloved
God knows why i feel so much pain
He knows who will be your wife

I haven't figured it out yet
But he takes my fears away
He wont let me fail
He wont let me be chosen by dismay

He comforts me
He sends his angels to wipe my tears away
He reminds me of my mistakes
Now i have Atonement

To him i owe a child
To him i owe my life
To him i owe my soul
To him i owe my heart

But here in my human life
I owe nothing
I wish for nothing
I have mortal dreams

I see what he wants me to see
I opened my eyes
Now don't be afraid
He will help you

He will give you strength
Tell him your fears
He will show you the way
Listen and you will hear him speak

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this made me cry...i can so relate

Unknown said...

This is so true and totally reality this touched me emotionally. IT WAS AWETASTIC.